rabidreading

Rabid Reading

Hard Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires Series #4)

Hard Bitten - Chloe Neill Awesome series! The world-building, characters, and writing are all top notch. I was invested from the first page, not just in Merit and Ethan, but Mallory, Catcher, and the rest of the characters as well. As for the much talked-about cliffhanger...yep, it's every bit as shocking and upsetting as everyone says it is. And yet, as frustrated as that ending was, I have to say, part of me is impressed by Ms. Neill's willingness to take the "road less traveled". It's not easy to do what she did, especially when you know the kind of reaction you're going to get from your readers. I sincerely hope we haven't seen the last of Ethan, and that CN will bring him back in a believable way so he and Merit can continue their story. I can't picture Merit with anyone else BUT him. November needs to hurry up and get here, I need my next CV fix! :)