rabidreading

Rabid Reading

These Old Shades

These Old Shades - Georgette Heyer The Duke of Avon is the first "bad boy" I ever read about, way back in my pre-dinosaur days. He's cool as ice, wickedly clever, and more than a little ruthless (seriously, you do NOT want to get on his bad side!) but he's perfect with - and for - his lady love, Leonie. I've never read any character quite like him, and I am pretty sure I never will. He's one of a kind, and I like him that way :) **Note: This book was originally written in 1926 (I think?) so there aren't any make-out or bedroom scenes, or only one very brief kissing scene that isn't described in any sort of detail - certainly nothing like we're all used to reading. But despite its old-fashioned writing style, it's highly entertaining, frequently LOL funny, and the characters are simply unforgettable.