rabidreading

Rabid Reading

Heart of Obsidian (Psy-Changeling, #12) - Nalini Singh No one does paranormal romance better than Nalini Singh. Her Psy/Changeling series has been one of my favorites for years now, and while there are a few books in the series I didn't enjoy quite as well, the series as a whole has impressed the hell out of me. Book 12 is Kaleb's story. His character has fascinated me from almost the first moment he appeared in the series, and in Heart of Obsidian, we finally get to see inside the man's mind and heart. The book was everything I hoped it would be and so much more. From start to finish, I was completely enthralled and captivated by what I was reading. The romance is both raw and sensual, the love scenes are skin-scorching, and I loved the heroine, Sahara. She was strong, compassionate, intelligent, and her devotion to Kaleb was so constant that if I could have, I would have spent the whole book hugging her for being so awesome. As for the man himself...well, there's a reason he is one of my favorite characters. I love dark heroes and complex characters, and Kaleb is both. Ms. Singh did an amazing job balancing out the light and dark aspects of his nature. If you haven't read this series yet, get started. You will love it! 5 STARS :)