rabidreading

Rabid Reading

Him - Carey Heywood HIM was a good book overall, but the heroine (or the present day version of her) frustrated me quite a bit and is, in large part, the reason for the 3-star rating. If it wasn't for the flashback scenes (which I loved!) I may have given up on her altogether. Yes, I understand that she was changed by events in the past and that's why she is the way she is when the story begins, but it felt overdone to me. The hero was wonderful, although I still can't figure out why he chewed his lips all the time. And when I say all the time, I mean ALL THE DAMN TIME. It drove me nuts LOL. I'm surprised he had any lips left to kiss with by the end of the book! Still, despite my gripes, I did like it. I just didn't love it the way I wanted to.