rabidreading

Rabid Reading

Destroy Me - Tahereh Mafi **Find this and other reviews @ The Demon Librarian**I can sum up my reaction to Destroy me in two words: HELL YEAH. For any fan of the Shatter Me series, this novella is an absolute must-read. Told entirely from Warner's POV and picking up right from the cliff we left him at, Destroy Me is a chance to (finally!) get inside the life and mind of the young man we loved to hate in book 1. The thing is, though, I didn't hate him. I felt like I should, but even at his worst, something about his character spoke to my twisted little soul. Try as I might, I couldn't write him off as just another bad guy. Destroy Me doesn't wipe Warner's slate entirely clean, but it explains a lot of his actions and choices, and I challenge any of you to read it and not experience even the smallest change of heart about him. He may not win you over completely but he will win something - sympathy, grudging respect, what-have-you. In my case, he earned my full-fledged support. Yep, that's right. After reading this novella, I am officially a Team Warner girl. No, I am not in any way spitting on the awesomeness that is Adam. I freely admit that Adam is wonderful and a far more sensible (and obvious) love triangle choice, but Warner does it for me in a way Adam can't and never will. He is my favorite type of character, the one with the greatest potential to evolve and surprise me, and I'll be rooting for him right to the end.