rabidreading

Rabid Reading

On Every Street  - Karina Halle **Find this and other reviews at The Demon Librarian**I'm on to you, Karina Halle! I see what you're doing here. You know I've got a thing for flawed male characters and that I've fallen head over heels for all the ones you've written. First there was Dex Foray, the reigning king of all my book boyfriends. Then you introduced me to Sage Knightley, the sexy musician, and Camden McQueen, the uber-delicious tattoo artist. And now, now you've upped the stakes with bad boy villain Javier, practically daring your readers to resist him. Because you're evil like that ;) On Every Street is the story of con artist Ellie Watt and her quest for revenge against the man who left her scarred for life. She wants to ruin him, to hurt him the way he hurt her. But gaining access to her target won't be easy. Travis is too powerful, too well-protected. The only way to get to him is by pulling a long con. She must seduce and use a man within her target's organization, and then strike when the moment is right. It's beyond risky, and if she doesn't play her cards right, she could end up dead or worse. But Ellie is nothing if not motivated. She needs to do this. And so, Ellie Watt becomes Eden White. She carefully chooses her mark, Javier Bernal, and puts her plan into motion. One problem: Javier is not the easy mark Ellie hoped he would be. From the moment they meet, sparks fly. He wants her, and to her surprise, she wants him too. Badly. Maybe even more than she wants her revenge. Within a mere matter of days, Javier has swept EllieEden off her feet, into his bed and moved her into his home. It's not hard to see why Ellie fell for Javier. He is compelling, charismatic, incredibly passionate, and when he's with her, his words and actions ring with sincerity. He makes her feel alive and treasured. Not just loved, but beloved. What woman doesn't crave that? Especially a woman like Ellie, whose life has been one long series of hard knocks. Javier is her first real love and he makes her happier than she's ever been. For Ellie, that's everything. He is everything. And she's willing to do, well, pretty much anything to be with him. Whether you agree with her or not - whether you think Javier's the bee's knees or a crazy possessive mofo who should be shot at dawn - one thing is certain: You will be fully engaged and hanging on to every word. It's impossible not to be. That's the magic of Karina's writing. She draws you so deep into the story, you feel like you are right there. Like everything is happening to you and not just the characters. Love. Lust. Obsession. Lies. On Every Street has it all and so much more. Karina whips up one of her trademark emotional storms, and as I was reading, it was all I could do just to hang on and hope to hell I survived the experience. I was all over the place. Up, down, sideways, flipped over and turned inside out. I was, in short, a freaking mess, and you know what? I wouldn't have it any other way. If you're looking for hot-and-heavy action, you've hit the jackpot. The sex scenes in OES are scorching and sure to burn a blush onto many a cheek. I'd recommend drawing an ice bath before you start reading. You'll need to immerse yourself at least 2-3 times (maybe more) just to cool down. No, I'm not kidding, lol. One thing I didn't expect was how much OES would make me miss Camden. I felt his absence so keenly while I was reading, and I am more eager than ever (translation: desperate) to read Shooting Scars, the next book in the Artists Trilogy, which releases in May 2013. In short, my lovelies, On Every Street is packed with awesomeness. It's a gripping, sexy-as-hell, and emotionally rich read, and one you won't want to miss. You can read it as a standalone, or as part of the Artists Trilogy series. It works either way. Just read it!!! 5 Stars ★★★★★ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.