rabidreading

Rabid Reading

Temping Is Hell - Cathy Yardley **Find this and other reviews @ The Demon Librarian** Entertain me. That's what I asked TEMPING IS HELL to do when I started reading it, and that's exactly what it did.From her very first day at Fiendish Inc., temp-extraordinaire Kate O'Hara knew this assignment was going to be different. From her incompetent supervisor who has an unhealthy obsession with the company CEO, to the strange workers in the basement, it seems every time Kate turns around, a new warning bell goes off in her head. She could quit, but times are tough and jobs are hard to come by, and Kate can't afford to be out of work. She's determined to stick it out, come hell or high water. Little does she know that working at Fiendish could be very hazardous to her health - and her soul. I enjoyed the heck out of Kate's character. Sure, she was a bit impulsive, and yes, trouble had a way of finding her, but she's also smart, sassy and bighearted, and I am in complete awe of her office skills. Seriously. It's no wonder Thomas fell for her. And speaking of Thomas, what a doll he was! Even when he was keeping secrets in the first part of the book, I couldn't help rooting for him. He was just a good guy trapped in a bad situation, and....well, you try holding it against him. I sure couldn't! The world-building is a bit vague, even confusing at times, especially in the beginning, but it does tighten up toward the end. And for all you romance junkies out there, I think you'll like what the book has to offer. Kate and Thomas sizzle well together :) The story does contain some darker elements, but I would never call TEMPING IS HELL a dark read. There's too much humor, an almost playful quality to the writing that invites you to crack a smile even when things are at their worst. If you are looking for a fun, paranormal read that doesn't take itself too seriously, you should definitely give this one a try. 3.5 Stars ★★★1/2ARC provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.