rabidreading

Rabid Reading

Falling For Her Fiance - Cindi Madsen **Find this and other reviews @ The Demon Librarian**Friends-to-lovers stories are among my favorites. I love the history between the characters, the charged moments one or both of them try to ignore, the endless dance around feelings they are too afraid to admit to having for each other. It's the kind of story the romantic in me can't resist.Told from alternating POV's, "Falling For Her Fiance" is a charming tale about best friends Dani and Wes, who decide to fake an engagement so Wes can prove to everyone he's really over his ex, and Dani can finally break the glass ceiling at work. It seems like a great idea at the time, an easy solution to both their problems, but of course, things don't turn out quite like they planned.I loved Dani and Wes. They were such likable, engaging characters, and their friendship felt wonderfully genuine. They laughed together, they supported each other, they just plain got each other, in ways no one else did or could. And their chemistry....whoa, mama! There were so many sparks flying between them, I half expected my Kindle to ignite in my hands.The friends-to-lovers transition was handled superbly, capturing both the thrill and fear Dani and Wes felt as the lines of their friendship began to blur. Normally, in these kind of books, I get impatient because I want the characters to wake up and smell the love coffee already. Not so with this book. I relished the slow burn and build, the way the author ratcheted up the sexual tension, one scene and moment at a time.My only real complaint about the book was the lack of follow-through when it came to Dani's family. They were mentioned several times as the reason she needed the big promotion at work, and yet they didn't make a single appearance in the story. All the time was spent with Wes' family, and as great as his family was, I would have liked to have met the people Dani was willing to work so hard for.If you are looking for a quick and sexy read, look no further than Falling For Her Fiance. I enjoyed it so much, I have already added the author's other works to my reading list.