rabidreading

Rabid Reading

Archangel's Storm  - Nalini Singh I fell in love with Singh's Guild Hunter series right away, and it's been an ongoing love affair ever since. Elena and Raphael are still my couple, maybe because I "met" them first, but after reading Archangel's Storm, Jason and Mahiya are a very close second. Jason is a very unique hero. No big explosions of emotion, no fancy speeches, no bad boy shenanigans. He's aloof, intensely focused, and very, very good at his job (he's Raphael's spymaster). He quiet, too, more comfortable in silence and shadows than the noisy, glittering world the rest of us live in. You'd think, with those type of qualities, he would be a very tough character to connect with. Let me assure you, that is not the case. Simply put, Jason blew me away. He didn't just exceed my expectations - he ripped them out of my hands, tore them to bits, and flung the shredded remains back in my face. Leading lady Mahiya was a jewel. Intelligent and possessing a quiet, gentle strength, her ability to see the man in the shadows, to understand & embrace Jason for who and what he was really impressed me. Like Jason, she'd seen her share of dark days, and yet, she clung to her hopes and dreams of a better life, refusing to be tainted by the twisted politics and games played all around her. She complemented Jason so well; I couldn't imagine a better match for him. This was an incredible book. 5 enthusiastic stars.