rabidreading

Rabid Reading

How to Drive a Dragon Crazy  - G.A. Aiken Not bad, but not as good as I was hoping for. It felt really disjointed at the start, too many alternating POV's switching back and forth too quickly, but thankfully, somewhere in the middle, things settled down, allowing me to feel like I was reading an actual, cohesive story instead of a confusing patchwork of scenes. It didn't help that there was little to no recapping. I've read all the previous books, but not recently. My mistake. I think I would have benefited from a refresher course. This is Izzy & Eibhear's story, and it begins after a 10 year separation. They've both grown up, and of the two of them, Eibhear is the most changed. To say he's different is a vast understatement. If I hadn't seen his name on the page, I would have thought I was reading about someone else. As for Izzy, well, how she turned out didn't surprise me at all, lol. Did I like the story? Yes and no. I enjoy the wicked, razor-sharp humor, and I absolutely adore the dragon family Aiken has created. They are all so unabashedly arrogant and violent, so NOT warm & fuzzy, I can't help but love them. But Izzy & Eibhear's story didn't fully satisfy me. I was more interested in the supporting cast than the main characters. Overall, a decent book, but not as good as the others in the series.