rabidreading

Rabid Reading

Clockwork Angel - Cassandra Clare Thoroughly enjoyed this. I first fell in love with Cassandra Clare's Shadowhunters in The Mortal Instruments series, but this book, the first in her prequel series, exceeded my expectations in every way. Tessa is a strong, smart, thoroughly likeable female lead, even better than Clary, IMO, and Will....ah, Will. What a great character he is. He's a lot like Jace from MI, only better, and more of a challenge. I really liked Jem, too, and Charlotte & Henry. Can't wait to read more about them all. I can see the love triangle writing on the wall, but between Will's dangerous living & Jem's condition.....I don't know, I just don't see how this can end happily. My gut tells me someone isn't going to make it, or worse, we'll get a Casablanca-type ending. And yet, even predicting that, I am compelled to keep reading, because the series is just that damn good.