rabidreading

Rabid Reading

My Soul to Keep - Rachel Vincent Struggled at first, because once again, Kaylee threw herself in front of the Danger Train. Seriously, the girl has no sense of self-preservation! She's not qualified or prepared to handle half the trouble she gets herself into, but she's learning. By the time the book reached its big climax, she'd turned an important corner. About time, too! I was beginning to think she would always be a damsel in distress. But no, she surprised me. In her showdown with the Big Bad, she was smart and level-headed. Still a bit reckless, yes, but she didn't overdo it. The end was heartbreaking. I am not a Nash fan but I really felt sorry for him in this book. He screwed up royally and I'm not sure he'll ever regain his golden boy status.