rabidreading

Rabid Reading

Midnight's Daughter (Dorina Basarab, #1) - Karen Chance Fasten your seatbelts, folks, because you're in for a wild, chaotic ride. The first in a spinoff series set in the same world as Chance's Cassie Palmer, "Midnight's Daughter" focuses on the adventures dhampir Dorina Basarab and features several characters Cassie Palmer fans will recognize - namely, Mircea and Louis-Cesare (among others). There's so much action in this book, the pace so relentless, it's almost overwhelming - but that seems to be Chance's MO, because she does the same thing in her Cassie Palmer books. The difference is, I like Dorina a lot more than I do Cassie, so I'm more motivated to hold on & keep reading, despite all the craziness. Dorina & master vamp Louis-Cesare are pure gold together. I can't wait to see what happens between them in the next book ;)